Monday 14 January 2019

That's all, folks!

My posts have gotten thinner over the years. I'm aware of that. I've been hopeful for a long time, that I can remain active with blogging and sharing further insight into the Warner Bros. cartoons. With great sadness and regret, I'm afraid that I will no longer be continuing reviews on this blog. For now.

I'm sorry to disappoint anyone who still share an interest in this blog. I'm disappointed myself. With my university education finished, I would've thought I could devote some reviews in my spare time, but it's not the case. I'm actively seeking to enter the film industry and am slowly gaining momentum by doing some freelance and getting work experience wherever I can find it. It's an incredibly frustrating experience for myself to find work in an incredibly competitive industry - but I have to keep going! It's times like this where blogging can no longer be a priority for me.

But, on a positive note, the blog has seen 425 Warner Bros. cartoons reviewed! There's so many reviews I wish I could revise completely, but hey, life is fleeting. There's still hope that I can maybe return and do an occasional post, related to the studio's legacy. Never say never!

I'd like to thank all my readers for the support and compliments I've had over the years, especially to a few close friends who stuck with me from the beginning to see me develop and mature.

So long, folks! For now!

10 comments:

  1. It's sad to see you go, for your site was of the highest quality and still is one of the best blogs devoted to classic cartoons available. I wish you all the best in your persuit of a cinematic career. I hope you'll succeed. In the meantime I'll quietly wait for you to revive your site again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your time you have done already...hope your courses all go well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed your blog since the beginning. This IS sad news but I understand. Did you ever finish your hand-drawn animation project? I'd love to see it if you post it online.
    Compliments, Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed your work as well. Good luck in everything—please keep them up online if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the greatest animator, Steve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Steve on getting as far as you did - I started my collection, similar to yours, in 1996 - it will never get finished - still adding to it - by not posting and just keeping it local it is easier to keep adding to it and revising. I think that the way to finish is to post everything on day 1 and then just go back and fill in the gaps - then it's finished and you're just improving it with every new post - kind regards Radiobov

    ReplyDelete
  7. It stinks when you run out of steam and passion for a project, but hey, nothing lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you my friend. I hope you feel better soon. I hope all goes well for you. I wish you the very best of luck. Feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to. God bless you my friend. God loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comments on this blog are now closed.

    ReplyDelete