Friday, 26 August 2011

2 Clampett Mosaics

I'm back from my camping trip folks, but I haven't got much time to review today; but I manage to dig up something very interesting when I came back today.

This morning I found an e-mail from someone who said to have made two Warner Bros. animation mosaics: The Old Grey Hare and Draftee Daffy. Both those cartoons were made by Bob Clampett, and he's created the mosaics like I make them or Mark Mayerson. I was asked in this e-mail to post them on my blog, and I was happy to do so. The mosaic is credited to "Sanek" and I looked it up and he's a member of the GAC Forums, and so far it's been posted in the forums, and I will post it again on this blog.

 The Old Grey Hare (1944).
 Draftee Daffy (1945).
The mosaics are very well made and they will be an interesting study to read through. It seems that most of the information has been from a draft (as I read in the comments of that post in the forums), and it's interesting in finding a collection of Warner drafts, and even with information that credits a lot of effects scenes to A.C. Gamer, and even fact that uncredited animators like Manny Gould and Basil Davidovich animate more than animators like Bob McKimson and Rod Scribner.

If this would be alright to do so, sometime I will post commentaries on them and analyze, but since I'm still stuck on black and white cartoons to review, I'm afraid that I'm going to wait until I get to those cartoons which will probably not be until another year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment